Full Time: 37 Hours per week
Salary: £20,010 pa
The role of the Team Co-ordinator is an important role within the community team as you are representing Coquet Trust to the people we support, their families and wider circle of support, as well as local agencies, and of course being an exceptional and forward thinking leader to your team.
We currently have positions available for a permanent role, maternity cover and 6 month FTC.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Lead by example and act as a role model to staff at all times, ensuring the needs of the people we support, their interests and aspirations are paramount in all that you do.
- Lead and manage your team adopting an empowering, engaging and motivating approach, encouraging them to make a difference to people’s daily lives, whilst providing the highest quality of care and support.
- Ensure that all of Coquet Trust’s policies and procedures are adhered to and that the staff you lead do the same.
- Promote and maintain positive and productive relationships with the people we support, their family members and wider support group.
- Ensure that the needs of the people we support are met through regular reviews of their support and involving them throughout the process.
- Ensure that the Trust’s Health & Safety requirements are met and adhered to in line with their policies and procedures by undertaking periodic checks and recording them correctly for auditing purposes.
- To be accountable for, in conjunction with the Service Manager, the safety and wellbeing of the people we support in line with Coquet Trust safeguarding policies, statutory requirements and local authority protocols.
- Ensure that all personal information is safely handled, recorded and stored in compliance with GDPR guidelines and Coquet Trust’s policies and procedures and to maintain the highest level of confidentiality at all times.
- Support the Service Manager to monitor and manage the performance of individual team members, including their capability, sickness levels and compliance with mandatory training for their role.
- Assist with the induction of new support staff, identifying any training needs and ensuring this is delivered in a timely manner.
- Providing 1-1 supervision meetings with staff and maintaining a positive and supportive relationship with them.
- Rota management ensuring that rotas are cost effective and appropriate for the needs of the people we support, ensuring sufficient Coquet Trust staff are available without the need for using agency workers.
- Attend staff meetings and contribute in any support planning for the people we support.
- Communicate effectively with the Service Manager and bring to their attention any concerns relating to the support and well-being of people, including their personal and financial affairs.
- To deputise in the absence of the Service Manager.
- To attend relevant training as required by the Coquet Trust.
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with the level of the post.
- This job description indicates the main duties and responsibilities of this post, however it is not exhaustive and may be subject to change in line with the operational needs of Coquet Trust.
- To represent Coquet Trust in a professional manner and maintain the good reputation of the organisation at all times.
- Be committed to the Coquet Trust’s values in everything that you do.
- Have experience of leading, developing and motivating team members in order to deliver a quality service to the people that we support.
- To be flexible in your approach to work and be prepared to work at different locations or wherever it is deemed that you are able to contribute most effectively to the overall service.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- To take pride in your work and carry out tasks to a high standard and with honesty and integrity.
- To be a positive, encouraging and motivational individual who is able to bring out the best in their team.
- The ability to multi-task and effectively manage demanding and sometimes conflicting priorities.
|METHOD OF ASSESSMENT|
|EDUCATION, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS||Application|
|NVQ in Care Level 3 or above or equivalent qualification||YES|
|GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English||YES|
|Computer literate with the ability to use Microsoft Office suite||YES|
|Relevant management qualification||YES|
|QCF (Qualification and Credit Framework) Diploma or equivalent||YES|
|Evidence of CPD||YES|
|Relevant experience of working with adults with learning disabilities||YES|
|Experience of co-ordinating the work of others||YES|
|Experience of implementing policies||YES|
|Experience of carrying out health and safety checks||YES|
|Experience of developing and implementing support planning||YES|
|Experience of coaching and mentoring staff||YES|
|Experience of working with parents, families and carers||YES|
|Experience of working as part of a multi-disciplinary team||YES|
|Experience of using staff rota software||YES|
|Experience of carrying out risk assessments||YES|
|SKILLS AND APTITUDE||Application/ Interview|
|Ability to multi-task, managing conflicting demands and priorities||YES|
|Ability to delegate effectively||YES|
|Ability to deputise for the Service Manager||YES|
|Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, taking into account the needs of your audience||YES|
|Ability to work independently and as part of a team||YES|
|Ability to liaise with other professionals||YES|
|Knowledge of Every Child Matters and the National Care Standards and how to promote inclusion||YES|
|Comprehensive knowledge of learning difficulties/ disabilities||YES|
|Knowledge of CQC and its standards||YES|
|Knowledge of the Mental Capacity Act||YES|
|Knowledge of GDPR, our responsibilities and how it impacts on service provision||YES|
|Enhanced DBS clearance||YES|
|To be able to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of your work||YES|
|Full clean UK driving licence and access to a vehicle||YES|