We have an exciting opportunity for a Support Manager to lead and develop our team of Bank (Casual) Support Workers. The ideal candidate will have experience in social care in a supervisory/resourcing role and will thrive in a fast paced environment. This is a full-time role working Monday to Friday, based at our head office in Gosforth, with the opportunity to follow a hybrid working pattern.
We support people with a range of abilities including people with more complex physical and health needs, and communication difficulties. Our Support Manager – Bank Workforce will lead our casual workforce, delivering high quality support to people with a learning disability.
This is a fantastic opportunity to directly contribute to Coquet Trust’s reputation as an outstanding provider in the region, increasing our responsiveness and flexibility.
You will manage the bank team, adopting an engaging and motivating approach to recruitment, induction, training, management and coaching. Maintaining the information we have about our bank support workers will be key to this role. The postholder will work with Support Managers to effectively resource shifts across all services and deliver good outcomes for the people we support.
You will focus on leading and developing Bank Support Workers’ skills in the support we provide, including the provision of management support using supervision.
What we need from you
- Experience motivating and managing a large staff team.
- Proven experience in social care management.
- You’ll have at least an NVQ 2 in Care, and be prepared to complete L3 if you don’t already have it.
- A positive attitude towards issues which affect people who have a learning disability and/or mental health needs, and an understanding of these issues in practice.
- The ability to act as lead and develop the team’s skills via supervision and on the job coaching, or identifying and arranging appropriate training.
- Able to create systems to effectively resource shifts and enjoy identifying the right support worker for the available work.
- You will have strong written and verbal communication skills and good IT and numerical skills.
Rewards and benefits
In return for your passion and commitment, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- £28,654 pa
- 20 days paid annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays) increasing with service;
- Pension contribution;
- Hybrid working model between home and office;
- Access to free occupational health, physiotherapy, counselling and advice services;
- Fully paid training and access to nationally recognised qualifications;
- Access to Early pay system.
- Blue light card
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
If you’re interested in finding out more about this role, including the full job description, please get in touch with HR on 0191 5802369 or apply through indeed or our website.
Apply for this position
Can you please provide the following information: