Coquet Trust supports adults with learning disabilities to live in their own homes to lead independent and fulfilling lives. Based in Newcastle upon Tyne we work in various locations throughout Newcastle upon Tyne, Gateshead and Northumberland
We are driven by our values which are to be committed, reliable, inspirational, trustworthy and inclusive. They are the foundation of all that we do and endeavour to achieve.
We are an Investors in People employer and by joining the Coquet Trust team, you will be given excellent support from your Manager as well as the wider team.
This role is responsible for the accurate and timely processing of the monthly payroll and all associated tasks as well as supporting with general finance tasks such as purchase invoices and petty cash etc. This role will support Coquet Trust to successfully implement and achieve its organisational objectives.
This role is to cover maternity and will run until the end of June 2022.
The post is part time 22.5 hours per week on average over 3 days.
- Ensure the large volumes of information including, staff hours, expenses, holidays, salaries and other payments are collated and processed in time for monthly payroll input using Sage Line 50 payroll. Calculate statutory payments as required SMP, SSP etc.
- Identify potential errors and work closely with colleagues to resolve them
- Ensure employees’ salaries and wages are paid on time and accurate records are kept including;
o HMRC payment submissions
o RTI submissions
o Statutory Payments
o Pension Auto enrolment
- Ensure payroll queries from staff are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Journal entry of payroll data to accounting software.
- Assist with other finance tasks as and when required.
Benefits & Pay
The salary is £21,535 to £22,066 per annum pro rata depending on qualifications. Benefits include:
- A comprehensive induction period and full training
- Training is paid for by the Trust.
- Full PPE is provided by the Trust
- DBS Checks paid for by the Trust
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Discounts such as gym membership and the Blue Light card
- 28 days annual leave pro rata (increasing by 5 days after 5 years’ service)
If you would be interested in the post please apply online for immediate consideration or call Julie Ferguson on 0191 580 2369 for more information.
The full person specification can be found here Payroll and Finance Assistant (002)