Coquet Trust are looking for Bank Support Workers to provide person centered support to adults with learning disabilities on an ad-hoc basis. We are looking for caring and enthusiastic individuals who share our values being committed, reliable, inspirational, trustworthy and inclusive.
If you are looking for a rewarding career in health and social care why not join our friendly team here at the Coquet Trust. We are Investors in People and keen to offer staff development opportunities.
Previous Care Worker experience is not essential, as full training will be given and a DBS check will be paid for by the Trust.
Shifts may vary depending on needs of the service including days, evenings or weekends. Shifts are on an ‘as and when’ basis to cover holidays and sickness. As it is very flexible, the role of Casual Support Worker can be a great option to fit around existing commitments.
We currently work in Newcastle, Gateshead, North Tyneside and Northumberland area.
Support Worker pay rate is £9 per hour, plus extra for sleep ins. In addition, Coquet Trust offer staff the following benefits:
- A comprehensive induction period and full training
- All training is paid for by the Trust.
- Full PPE is provided by the Trust
- DBS Checks paid for by the Trust
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Discounts such as gym membership and the Blue Light card
- 28 days annual leave pro rata (increasing by 5 days after 5 years’ service)
Support workers must provide the highest standard of support at all times, meeting the needs of people we support as recorded in their care plan.
You will help develop and maintain independent living skills to the people we support, including:
· Supporting people to pursue hobbies and interests.
· Supporting people to attend appointments.
· Enabling people to access community facilities and community groups.
· Helping with meal preparation and provide assistance where required.
· Supporting with personal care such as administration of medication, bathing, oral hygiene, dressing and moving and transferring if necessary.
· Understanding a person’s communication needs and adapting your communication style to suit each individual e.g. sounds, tones, body language.
· Supporting individuals with their finances including supporting with budgeting and accessing weekly finances.
· General housekeeping duties e.g. changing light bulbs, cleaning, reporting breakdown of equipment etc.
If you are interested in the role of Support Worker please apply online as soon as possible or contact Julie at Coquet Trust for more information 0191 5802369.
Click here for full person specification Support Worker Job descrition August 2020.docx
Coquet Trust is committed to protecting the privacy of applicants during the recruitment process. We will ensure that the information you submit to us via our website or job adverts is not shared with any third parties. Should your application be unsuccessful we will hold your data for a further 6 months. If you wish for your personal information to be destroyed prior to that time please email HR@coquettrust.org.uk